By Jenny Vickers Chyb
The Asbury Park Bazaar's "Meet the Maker AP" series highlights local and regional artists and makers that you can find at our upcoming Valentine's Market taking place Saturday & Sunday, Feb 11 & 12, from noon to 5 pm in the Grand Arcade of Convention Hall in beautiful Asbury Park!
Today's #MeetTheMakerAP is Sarah York of Bell Mountain Naturals. Sarah has taken her love of the natural world to create amazing small batch, palm free, all natural soaps and skincare. Sarah believes in the power of nature, going back to the basics, and keeping it simple...using real ingredients that compliment and benefit your skin. Be sure to stop by the Valentine's Market on Saturday, February 11th to pick up a Bell Mountain gift for you or someone you love - she'll have soaps, dry face masks, face serums, lip balms, and bath soaks, as well as gift ready options too!
1) How did your business get its start?
I was making soaps for my family and friends and I kept getting requests. I am lucky to have a super supportive people in my life who encouraged me to make it a full time business.
2) What motivates you as a maker?
The natural world all around is such a great motivator!
3) Where did you grow up and where do you live and work now? What is your favorite part about living there?
I grew up in Washington State, but my husband, 3 boys, 2 chihuahuas and I have travelled around a lot... Tacoma, Corvallis, Portland, Vancouver, Houston, Austin... We now call Manasquan, NJ home.
4) Walk us through a day in the life in your work space.
A day in the life in my studio really changes day to day. My favorite is creating new products, scents, finding ways to incorporate nature into skincare while keeping it simple. I also love collaborating with other makers.
5) What are you most looking forward to at the Asbury Park Bazaar this Valentine's Market?
I am looking forward to getting out and meeting the community in Asbury! Its such an awesome town!
6) Why should people shop small / shop local for Valentine's and year round for that matter?
Shopping small is so important because it helps lift up community through involvement...I think the question is why wouldn't people shop and support small business! haha!
7) What are you Valentine's weekend plans other than selling?
8) If your planning to join us at our Roller Boogie in Convention Hall, what would be your perfect roller skating outfit?
The perfect roller rink outfit would have to have stretchy head bands and wrist bands...and big hair...
Be sure to stop by and say "hi" to Sarah and shop Bell Mountain Naturals at the Asbury Park Bazaar Valentine's Market on Saturday, February 11th!